- University News
- Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Swanson School of Engineering
Subscribe to Pittwire TodayGet the most interesting and important stories from the University of Pittsburgh.
Pitt programs keep winning: Two rose in rankings according to the 2024 U.S. News & World Report Best College lineup. The University’s undergraduate nursing program rose five spots to No. 10, and undergraduate engineering programs among doctorate-granting universities rose a spot to No. 53.
Pitt also made the top 50 in two new U.S. News categories: undergraduate psychology (No. 34) and economics (No. 41).
The U.S. News & World Report evaluates colleges and universities on 19 measures of academic quality. This year brought a number of changes to the ranking formula, including removing factors like alumni giving and high school class standing in favor of outcomes-based measures, along with adding two new factors: first-generation student graduation rates and faculty research.
Overall, the University’s Pittsburgh campus ranked No. 32 among public universities and No. 67 among all U.S. universities. Other highly ranked programs include Pitt’s undergraduate business offerings (No. 38) and the computer science program (No. 63). Pitt was named No. 40 in best colleges for veterans.
Did you know?
The University of Pittsburgh has launched multiple affordability efforts in recent years to make sure anyone who belongs at Pitt can come to Pitt.
- The Kessler Scholars program provides financial and social support for high-achieving first-generation Pitt students.
- The Pitt Success Pell Match Grant Program provides a dollar-for-dollar match to students’ Federal Pell Grants.
- The Pittsburgh Public Scholars program supports valedictorians and salutatorians from Pittsburgh Public Schools.
- Through the Pittsburgh Admissions Collaboration, students at several local high schools can attend CCAC and transfer to Pitt, pursuing the Pittsburgh Promise scholarship along the way.
- Students looking for scholarships can fill out a form and be matched with opportunities through the Pitt Fund$Me scholarship database.
- Starting in the first year of high school, RaiseMe participants can earn scholarship funds to help pay for a Pitt education on any campus.
- Pitt is a founding member of the Coalition for College, which offers qualified students a streamlined application process at no cost.
- Graduating seniors seeking mentoring and direct federal student loan relief can apply for Panthers Forward before midnight Sept. 24.