- University News
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Subscribe to Pittwire TodayGet the most interesting and important stories from the University of Pittsburgh.
Limited registration is open for the Racial Equity Consciousness Institute’s spring cohort
Registration is open for the spring cohort of the Racial Equity Consciousness Institute — a seven-session series of learner-oriented modules that takes a multifaceted approach to analyzing the complexities of race and the pervasiveness of racism.
The Institute will challenge participants to reflect on what they can do, individually and collectively, to advance racial equity within their respective communities.
Through the Institute, participants focus on six bilateral spheres of racial equity consciousness development in an effort to expand capacity to seek, consider and adopt different perspectives; promote personal growth and empowerment; enhance cultural humility, competence and agency; and ultimately, embody the mindset to foster anti-racist practices, communities and cultures.
All sessions will be held virtually on Zoom from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesdays.
- Feb. 15: Racial Equity Consciousness: An Overview
- Feb. 22: Understanding Racial Oppression | Advancing Racial Liberation
- March 1: Examining Racial Identities | Addressing Racial Biases
- March 15: Embracing Racial Diversity | Growing Racial Competence
- March 22: Building Racial Empathy | Enhancing Racial Stamina
- March 29: Acknowledging Racial Trauma | Fostering Racial Healing
- April 5: Gauging Racial Inequities | Championing Racial Justice
Registration for the spring cohort is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis for all Pitt students and employees.