- Arts and Humanities
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Subscribe to Pittwire TodayGet the most interesting and important stories from the University of Pittsburgh.
See the winners of the 2022 Art of Diversity Showcase
The University of Pittsburgh’s Art of Diversity Showcase returned this year with nearly 80 submissions that ranged from photography to videography to written and visual works.
The third annual exhibition ran concurrently with the 2022 Diversity Forum and was presented by the University’s Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and the Center for Creativity. It welcomed artwork from members of the Pitt and regional communities that expanded diversity consciousness, displayed an awareness and understanding of intersectionality, and celebrated minoritized cultures and perspectives.
Five first-place winners received $500 awards and four honorable mentions won $250. See the full gallery.
The winners are:
- Writing: “Black Joy” by Alex Tha Great, Instagram @followthagreat
- Visual art (2D, 3D, photography): “kienes somos nosotrxs” by Mili Rodriguez, Instagram @confiscatedrubberband (pictured above)
- Performance (video, music, slam): “Time” by Black Girl Untold, Instagram @blackgirl.untold
- Interdisciplinary (works that cross genres): “Paper Cut” by Lu (Clara) Wang, Instagram @la_schtroumpf
- People’s Choice: Marissa Muchnok and Sophie Tayade for their film, “What Will People Say”
And the honorable mentions:
- Writing: “Prayer to a Black Goddess” by Luana Moreira Reis, Instagram @luanamoreirareis
- Visual art (2D, 3D, photography): “Our Favorite Color” by Korey Edmonson, Instagram @koreytheartist
- Performance (video, music, slam): “Golden Legacies” by Iman Clark, Instagram @iman__c
- Interdisciplinary (works that cross genres): “What Are You?” by Eva, Instagram @evameilin