|HPS 0410||Einstein for Everyone||Spring 2007|
These are the documents created for an earlier offering of the course HPS 0410 Einstein for Everyone. As a result some links below and in the documents linked to will not work. For the latest version of the course, click here.
Introduction: the questions
Special relativity: the basics
Problem of Reciprocity
Origins of Special Relativity
What is a four dimensional space like?
Philosophical Significance of the Special Theory of Relativity.
Euclid's Postulates and Some Non-Euclidean Alternatives
Atoms and the Quantum
1. Principle of Relativity
2. Relativity of Simultaneity
3. Problem of Reciprocity
4. Origins of Special Relativity
5. Spacetime (new version February 1)
6. Spacetime/ Four Dimensional Spaces
7. Philosophical Significance of the Special Theory of Relativity
8. Non_Euclidean Geometry
9. Curvature and General Relativity
10. General Relativity
11. Relativistic Cosmology I
12. Relativistic Cosmology II
13. Black Holes
14. Atoms and the Quantum
Last update: February 26, 2007.