Introduction Questions and Answers Dr.Serageldin Course
Advancement in academia typically depends upon Scientific publishing. The more you publish, the better the first job, the higher the raise, and the faster the promotion. Sadly only 3% of publications come from developing countries, despite the fact that 27% of the scientists live in developing countries and 80% of the scientists.
In many countries bright young people want to do research and publish, have to publish, but they do not. A primary reason for this is Stataphobia which is the fear of research design and statistics, and not having access to people who can help. Eighty percent of all rejected articles are due to poor research methods.
The components of the Research Methods Library
of Alexandria are:
1. Overview of the concepts of Quantitative research (Ismail Serageldin)
2. 14 common statistical issues simply explained (e.g. bias, significance testing, etc) see below.
3. "BA Supercourse Help Desk" You can post questions to be answered by experts using email@example.com address.
4. Main Help Desk: We have collected over 1000 PowerPoint lectures from Experts an many different facets of research design
Survey Portal: We have identified top
quality surveys on Smoking, Physical Activity, Quality of Life, and Disability.These surveys have been translated
into at least 8 languages and available for free for research efforts.
6. Research Apps: Collection of Apps in Science
7. Central Asian Journal of Global Health (CAJGH)
8. Research Methods Library of Alexandria Regional Centers
9. Research Methods Library of Alexandria Books