- Affine and projective varieties
- Morphisms and rational functions
- Bezout theorem
- Hilbert theorem on degree and dimension
- Newton polytopes and a touch of toric varieties
- Sheaves, vector bundles and divisors
- Riemann-Roch theorem
o Posted some course notes. The notes are a concise account of theorems/definitions discussed in class.
o HW 3 posted. It is due Friday 13th!
o We will have a take-home final exam. It will be sometime in the last week of April.
o Text: Algebraic Geometry by J. S. Milne
o Time: MWF 9:00AM - 9:50AM
o Location: Thackeray 525
o There will homeworks and a final exam.
o Office hours: 10AM-11AM MWF.
Email: kavehk AT pitt.edu
Office: Thackeray #424
Office hours: by appointment
Office phone: 412-624-8331