1. The hospitals that could not inform of the extent of
hospital damages before the phone lines were re-established.
: 28 (33.3%) out of 84 hospitals.
2. The hospitals that could do it: 56 (66.7%) out of 84 hospitals
- 2-a. Hospital staffs went to the local governments by
bicycles or by cars:
29 (34.5%) of 84 hospitals
- 2-b. They sent direct message to the people who came to
the hospitals: 9 (10.7%) of 84 hospitals. The people who transmitted the information
included staffs from local governments, those from public health
centers, policemen and ambulance staffs:
- 2-c. They asked families of the patients to send
message to the local governments.: 2 ( 2.4%) of 84
- 2-d. other ways:22 (26.2 %) of 84