Other Epidemiology and Global Health Resources
There are many other epidemiology and global health resources available, in the form of
Global Kidney Academy On Line Academy (OLA):
This is a free nephrology
educational portal that has reached a global membership of 3,000 and aims to
democratize access to nephrology education and offer a global platform for
networking in education in the field. It also offers daily access to a Forum
discussion giving emergent nephrologists a voice, clinical advice as well as
guidance by an expert and growing faculty.
OLA also likes to promote debates and discussions on issues relating to NCDs as
well as Rare and Orphan Disease.
OLA aims to provide in 2013 Nephrology courses.
Central Asian Journal of Global Health (CAJGH), Official Journal of the Global
Health Network Supercourse project
The Central Asian Journal of Global Health is the first official journal of the
Global Health Supercourse network of over 50,000 individuals in 174 countries
and a library of over 5200 lectures in public health and medicine. Our aim is to
develop one of the leading journals in Central Asia and the world. The website
NEW JOURNAL - Public Health Reviews
Public Health Reviews was a journal published for approximately 30 years in Israel that has subsequently gone out of print. Our current mission is to relaunch the journal aiming for a broader scope and impact than the original. The journal will be published on a semesterly basis. PHR will be open source, available freely online, with printed copies provided for a fee.
The website is www.publichealthreviews.eu
Conferences and Meetings
Frontiers in Global Health Seminars
*Monday, April 1, 2013 Protecting Communities from Disasters
A Proactive Public Health Approach to Disaster Risk Reduction: the case of Iran and the MENA region
Dr. Hani Mowafi
Dr. Mark Keim
Dr. Ali Ardalan
Dr. Qudsia Huda
- International Symposium on Social Determinants of NCDs in Mediterranean Countries, May 6-7 2013, Istanbul, Turkey. The deadline for abstracts is 28th February 2013. For more details please see http://rescapistanbul2013.org
- BioVision 2013 Meet and talk with Science Supercourse developers at BioVision 2013
- User-Driven Healthcare and Narrative Medicine by Rakesh Biswas and Carmel Mary Martin.
This book contains an article about the Supercourse.
- Scientific Networking and the Global Health Network Supercourse, from the NATO Security through Science Series -D: Information and
Communication Security, Volume 5, 2006
Edited by Faina Linkov, Ronald LaPorte
- Relearn, Evolve, and Adapt by Supercourse Developer François W. Sauer, M.D.
Other Internet Resources
Official launching of NextGenU.org http://www.nextgenu.org/ in preparation for World Health Day April 7th with first courses: Emergency Medicine, Climate Change and Health and Environmental Health.
Agent-Based Modeling for Health Policy: Collected Videos, Audio and Slides and
Example Models -
- Health Administration and Information Technology - http://www.healthadministration.org/healthcare-administration-and-information-technology/
- Toxicology History Association (THA) at http://toxhistory.org
- WHO EMRO - LIBRARY AND INFORMATION NETWORK at http://www.emro.who.int/lin/
- Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health at http://www.who.int/nmh/about/en/
- The Global Health Library at http://www.who.int/ghl/en/
- EASD web casts at http://easd.conference2web.com/content
- Relevant links from WWW.NASA.GOV
- The GCMD site at http://gcmd.nasa.gov
- The CEOS IDN site at
And choose "Education/Outreach" (as one choice) within the Services query
- Connect directly to the Supercourse "SERF" at
When you are viewing the "SERF", you will note the keywords that you could have used to search within the Services to find your entry ... if you don't have the direct link handy.
- Health Sciences Library
Gresham College, founded by Sir Thomas Gresham in 1597, is an independently funded educational institution based in Barnard's Inn, Holborn, in the centre of London.
It provides free public lectures by its eight professors and holds other events. The college does not award degrees or teach courses.
- The One Health Initiative concept is a worldwide strategy for expanding interdisciplinary collaborations and communications in all aspects of health care for humans, animals and the environment.
- WWW! March 2009 marks the 20th anniversary of the invention of the Web. Like all great inventions, it arises out of an unmet need that badly needed a solution. Tim Berners-Lee foresaw the great potential that can be unlocked by connecting data across disparate operating systems. You can see the full talk by Tim Berners-Lee as he explains it at: http://www.ted.com/talks/tim_berners_lee_on_the_next_web.html
- The National Resource Center on Advancing Emergency Preparedness for Culturally Diverse Communities
- Resources from the British Medical Journal
The Supercourse - Global Health Network asked the British Medical Journal to put two textbooks: Statistics at Square One and Epidemiology for the Uninitiated upon the web.
- Other resources from the BMJ:
- BIREME's links
- National Library of Medicine
- Dictionary of Epidemiology
- PubMed (free MEDLINE)
- Related Health Services Research Websites I
- Related Health Services Research Websites II
- Grant Writing page
- The 3 lectures at the 38th Annual Meeting of the EASD in Budapest, Hungary and EASD major lectures, namely the Camillo Golgi, Minkowski and Claude Bernard Lectures held at the 18th IDFCongress in Paris in August 2003
- Welcome to MIT's OpenCourseWare
- Google Books http://books.google.com/