May 3-4, 2016
OrganizersWilliam Layton and Catalin Trenchea
- Eugenia Kalnay, Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Science, University of Maryland
- Paul D. Williams, Royal Society University Research Fellow Department of Meteorology, University of Reading
Registration and Support
Please use this link to register for the conference.
LocationThe location of the conference will be Thackeray Hall 704. The schedule is given below.
View the event poster here.
- Mustafa Aggul, Michigan Tech
- Ilona Ambartsumyan, University of Pittsburgh
- Jeff Borggaard, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Sean Breckling, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Martina Bukač, University of Notre Dame
- Victor DeCaria, University of Pittsburgh
- Jeffrey Connors, University of Connecticut
- Joseph Fiordilino, University of Pittsburgh
- Arash Nouri Gheimassi, Laboratory for Computational Transport Phenomena, University of Pittsburgh
- Traian Iliescu, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Ross Ingram, Bechtel Marine Propulsion Corporation
- Nan Jiang, Florida State University
- Sarah Khankan, University of Pittsburgh
- Eldar Khattatov, University of Pittsburgh
- Ahmet Güzel, University of Pittsburgh
- Yong Li, University of Pittsburgh
- Alexander Linke, Weierstrass Institute
- Alexander Lozovskiy, Texas A&M University
- Giusy Mazzone, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science, University of Pittsburgh
- Michael Neilan, University of Pittsburgh
- Ali Pakzad, University of Pittsburgh
- Leo G. Rebholz, Clemson University
- Shane Ross, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Shervin Sammak, University of Pittsburgh
- Aziz Takhirov, Texas A&M University
- Roxana Tanase, University of Pittsburgh
- Krisda Tapracharoen, University of Pittsburgh
- Hoang Tran, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Xuping Xie, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Xiu Ye, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Ivan Yotov, University of Pittsburgh
- Rana Zakerzadeh, University of Pittsburgh
- Haiyun Zhao, University of Pittsburgh
Local Information and Accommodations
A map of various landmarks on campus can be found here.
HotelsFor hotel reservations, please contact LaVerne Kapucensko by email or by phone at 412-624-8361.
DirectionsThe Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) is 20.5 miles away from the University of Pittsburgh (25-45 minutes driving time depending on the time of day). There are several options to get to campus from the airport.
- Yellow Cab (412-321-8100). The average taxi fare from the airport to campus is approximately $45.
- Express Shuttle Service (1-800-991-9890). A shuttle service between the airport and the downtown Pittsburgh and Oakland areas. The fare is $25 one way and $43 round trip.
- SuperShuttle (1-800-258-3826). Another shuttle service that serves the airport and the Oakland/Downtown area.
- Public Bus Transportation
with Port Authority Transit 28X Airport Flyer. The trip cost is $3.75 one way and
exact change is required. The bus runs every 30 minutes from the airport at gate #6,
and the duration of the trip is typically 50 minutes.
See the flyer
for more details.
ParkingIf you need to park on campus, you might want to park at the following garages:
- Soldiers and Sailors (SO): The rates are 0-1 hour $4; 1-2 hours $5; 2-4 hours $7; 4-6 hours $8; 6-8 hours $10; 8-10 hours $12; Over 10 hours $14.
- O'Hara (OH) : The rates are 0-1 hour $4; 1-2 hours $5; 2-4 hours $8; 4-6 hours $9; 6-8 hours $10; 8-10 hours $14; Over 10 hours $17.
- All garages are listed on this map.