- Dr. Leu wins the National Science Foundation CAREER Award.
- Dr. Leu wins the IISE UPS Minority Advancement Award.
- "Pitt's Tiny Technologies Could Make Big Impact in Solar Industry and Beyond," Pittsburgh's NPR News Station
- Congratulations to Baomin Wang for completing his PhD in Industrial Engineering. Baomin will be a postdoctoral scholar at Penn State.
- Congratulations to Mohamed Kashkoush, whose research was
published in Ingenium.
- Dr. Leu and Liquid X Printed Metals win an NSF Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Phase I grant to study printed metal structures.
- Dr. Leu, Dr. Graham Hatfull, Dr. Robert Shanks, and Dr.
Nils Loewen win a Center for Medical Innovation (CMI) grant
to study antibacterial
surfaces and coatings.
- Now you can take a Google
StreetView-like Virtual Tour of the LAMP lab, right
across the hallway from Pitt
NFCF, in the sub-basement of Benedum Hall.
- Congratulations to Mohamed Kashkoush for being selected a
based on his summer research.
- Congratulations to Thomas Werkmeister who was selected as
2015 at the University of Notre Dame.
- Congratulations to Donald Voland for completing his BS in Engineering Science. Donnie will be pursuing a PhD at the University of Pittsburgh with Dr. Minhee Yun.
- Congratulations to Erica Stevens for completing her BS in
Materials Science. Erica will be pursuing a PhD at the
University of Pittsburgh with Dr. Markus Chmielus.
- Congratulations to Dalton Hale for finishing his BS in
- Congratulations to Rodney Kizito for finishing his BS in
Industrial Engineering. Rodney will be pursuing his PhD at
the University of Arkansas.
- Our Nano Letters paper, "Uniform
and Ordered Copper Nanomeshes by Microscphere Lithography
for Transparent Electrodes" was one of the Journal's top 20
most-accessed papers in March, 2014.
- Congratulations to Miriam Rathbun for winning the Nuclear Energy University Programs (NEUP) Scholarship & Fellowship for the second year in a row.
- Congratulations to Brendan O'Brien for finishing his BS in
- Congratulations to Cheng Du for completing his Masters in
Industrial Engineering. Cheng will be working at Schlumberger.
- Congratulations to Arpit Ajmanji for completing his Masters in Industrial Engineering. Arpit will be working at JPMorgan Chase.
- Dr. Leu wins a Mascaro Center for Sustainable Innovation Grant to study water purification through holes in metal.
Solar Cells, Thin Could Be In," Industrial Engineer
- Dr. Leu and Dr. Kevin Chen win an NSF
Early Concept Grants for Exploratory Research (EAGER) to
solar cells through photonic crystals.
- Congratulations to Miriam Rathbun for winning the Nuclear
Energy University Programs (NEUP) Scholarship &
- Congratulations to Peter Brendel for completing his BS in
Industrial Engineering. Peter will be pursuing his
Masters Degree in the Pitt Industrial Engineering
- Congratulations to Ibrahim Chebib for completing his BS in Electrical Engineering. Ibrahim will be working at GE Energy.
- Congratulations to Jesse Randall for completing his BS in
- Congratulations to Nithin Krishna for completing his Masters in Industrial Engineering.
- Swanson School of Engineering Annual Report Industrial
- Dr. Leu, Dr. Jung-kun Lee, Dr. Guangyong Li, and Dr. Sam
Spiegel win an NSF Nanotechnology for Undergraduate
Education (NUE) grant to introduce
undergraduates to nanotechnology and solar cells.
- Dr. Leu wins an NSF grant to study nanosphere coatings for thin film solar cells.
- Congratulations to Peter Brendel and Ibrahim Chebib, who won the Best Presentation Award at the Mascaro Center for Sustainable Innovation Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- Congratulations to Ryan Hays for completing his BS in Industrial Engineering. Ryan will be working at PNC.
- Dr. Leu and Dr. Mary Besterfield-Sacre win an Academic
Council of Instructional Excellence Innovation
in Education Award.
- Dr. Leu wins an Oak
Ridge Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award.
- Dr. Leu wins a Mascaro Center for Sustainable Innovation Grant on "Extremely Affordable Solar Cells to Address Energy Poverty."
- Congratulations to Rebecca (Terry) Graupman for completing
her BS in Industrial Engineering. Rebecca is now
working at LMI.