Subscribe to Pittwire TodayGet the most interesting and important stories from the University of Pittsburgh.
Year of Engagement Social Media Challenge Winners
The winners have been tallied for the Year of Engagement’s 14 Days of Engagement Social Media Challenge.
Participants whose tweets received the most likes received a daily prize of Pitt swag equivalent to a cash value of over $100. These daily winners were given the option to donate their winnings to youth programs in the city of Pittsburgh. So far, more than $2,000 worth of Pitt gear has been donated.
Additionally, three overall grand prizes of $1,000 were awarded to schools, centers, departments and student organizations affiliated with the University based on likes from a single Twitter account.
The overall grand prize winners:
- 1st Place: Engineering Ambassadors, Swanson School of Engineering
- 2nd Place: Phi Sigma Rho, Swanson School of Engineering
- 3rd Place: School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
The daily winners, some of whom won multiple daily challenges:
- John Keith: associate professor, chemical and petroleum engineering, Swanson School of Engineering
- Marcela Gonzalez-Rubio: graduate student, bioengineering, Swanson School of Engineering
- Alex Maldonado: graduate student, chemical and petroleum engineering, Swanson School of Engineering
- Daniel Jacobson López: post-doc, infectious diseases and microbiology, School of Public Health
- Bernard Rouseau: professor and chair, communication science and disorders, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Michelle Kienholz: science writer-editor, academic career development, Health Sciences
- Jinx McLean: graduate student, higher education, School of Education
- Chaz Kellem: director, PittServes, Student Affairs
- Emily Elliot: professor, department of geology and environmental science, Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
- Kathryn Fleischer: senior, politics and philosophy, Dietrich School
- Margo Fischgrund, communications manager, Office of University Communications and Marketing
- Alaine Allen: director, outreach and community engagement, Swanson School of Engineering
- Johanna Siegel: senior, bioengineering, Swanson School of Engineering
- Brian K. Root: assistant director of housing and residence life, Pitt-Greensburg
- Kris Kanthak: associate professor, political science, Dietrich School
- Julie Rekant: graduate student, bioengineering, Swanson School of Engineering