Subscribe to Pittwire TodayGet the most interesting and important stories from the University of Pittsburgh.
Pre-diabetic or Think You Might Be? Register for a Free Diabetes Prevention Program Delivered Remotely
Are you a full-time or part-time regular University of Pittsburgh employee with UPMC Health Plan coverage? Do you think that you may have pre-diabetes? Or have you been told by your doctor that you have pre-diabetes? Have you gained weight or struggled to find a healthy lifestyle due to the COVID-19 pandemic? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be eligible to participate in the Group Lifestyle Balance program, a diabetes prevention program, offered by the My Meds Comprehensive Medication Management benefit at the University of Pittsburgh.
One out of three U.S. adults has pre-diabetes. If you have pre-diabetes, it is not too late to improve your health and prevent type 2 diabetes!
The Group Lifestyle Balance program can help you lose weight, become more physically active and reduce stress. All classes will be delivered remotely.
As part of this free program you will receive:
• A complimentary Fitbit smart scale and Fitbit activity tracker
• A proven program to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes
• A CDC-approved program created by the University of Pittsburgh and delivered by a pharmacist, trained in lifestyle coaching
• Year-long support with weekly meetings for the first six months, then once or twice a month for the next six months
• Support from your peers as you learn new skills to better manage your health
• Average program value $750
If you are interested in participating or learning more, please email Natalie Capozzolo, pharmacist, at //mymeds [at] pitt.edu">mymeds [at] pitt.edu by Nov. 30.