- Health and Wellness
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
Subscribe to Pittwire TodayGet the most interesting and important stories from the University of Pittsburgh.
Apply for the Mothers Leading Science leadership development program by April 30
Mothers Leading Science (MLS) is accepting applications for its 2022-23 cohort.
The year-long leadership development program is intended for research-intensive faculty in the health sciences who identify as mothers of school age and/or young children. This program intends to foster professional and personal growth, provide peer mentoring, integrate the dual roles of scientist and mother, develop future institutional leaders, and build a network of peers for ongoing support throughout their careers.
The program includes a year of formal programming, followed by an annual retreat and consultation. Participants receive dedicated programming and facilitation, peer support and connection, networking, resilience and leadership training.
- Faculty appointment
- Health sciences research-intensive (must have ≥50% protected research time)
- Mother of school-age and/or younger child(ren) living in the home at least 50% of the time
- Must be able to commit to year-long program and attend the retreat and 75% of meetings
- Strong interest in professional, personal and leadership development
- Open to giving and receiving peer support
- Willing to participate in all program evaluation efforts
Contact Ginger White (giw7 [at] pitt.edu) with questions.