- Innovation and Research
- Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
- School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy
Subscribe to PittwireGet the most interesting and important stories from the University of Pittsburgh.
2022 Innovation in Education Award winners announced
The Provost’s Advisory Council on Instructional Excellence has announced the winners of the Innovation in Education Awards.
The 2022 awards return after a one-year pause and recognize faculty for projects that enhance teaching at Pitt and foster new instructional approaches that represent advances over existing methods.
This year’s awardees are:
- Joanne Baird, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, for "Occupational Therapy Near-Peer Facilitation: Learning"
- Amy Bowser, School of Nursing, for "Development of Competency-based Performance Rubrics Assessing Undergraduate Nursing Students' Clinical Judgment in High-Fidelity Simulation"
- Reem Hannun, Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences, for "Climate Science Ambassadors for the Next Generation: Working with Pitt Students to engage their peers and community about climate change"
- Karthik Hariharan, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, for "Virtual Anatomy Permanent Teaching Collection"
- Prema Iyer, School of Pharmacy, for "Bridging the Gap: Game based learning as a strategy to integrate biochemistry principles and clinical concepts in Pharmacy Education"
- Lauren Jonkman, School of Pharmacy, for "Envisioning Health Justice through Photovoice: engaging health science students in structural competency"
- Linda O’Reilly, Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences, for "Enhancing Student Biochemical Learning through the Gaming of Metabolic Pathways"
- Amy Williams, Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences, for "Interdisciplinary Performance Laboratory"