University Research Council
June 2, 2010
Next Year’s Agenda
Members of the Council met to create an agenda for the
upcoming academic year. Areas of
- Funding-Related Programs –
Council members should continue to support the Central Research
Development Fund, the Multidisciplinary Small Grants Program, and the
Federal Agencies Trip.
- Administrative Unit Reports –
The Office of Research should continue to provide updates at each meeting,
and other units, such as the IRB and IACUC, should periodically address
- Office of Research Activities
– Council members can form a subcommittee to offer advice on changes in
the Office’s operating procedures.
- Publicizing Research –
Council members can provide suggestions about which research successes
should be publicized and the venues in which they should be publicized.
Council members also discussed:
- Humanities scholarship
- Central Research Development