Books in English
Q: What books about Slovak immigration can I read?
- Zecker, Robert. Race and America's Immigrant Press: How the Slovaks Were Taught to Think Like White People. New York, NY: Continuum, 2011.
- Alexander, June Granatir. Daily Life in Immigrant America, 1870-1920. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 2007.
- Alexander, June Granatir. Ethnic Pride, American Patriotism: Slovaks and Other New Immigrants in the Interwar Era. Philadelphia, PA: Temple University Press, 2004.
- Alexander, June Granatir. The Immigrant Church and Community: Pittsburgh's Slovak Catholics and Lutherans, 1880-1915. Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh Press, 1987.
- Alzo, Lisa A. Three Slovak Women. Baltimore, MD: Gateway Press, 2002.
- Alzo, Lisa A. Slovak Pittsburgh. Charleston, SC: Arcadia, 2006.
- Bell, Thomas. Out of this Furnace. Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh Press, (many editions).
- Čulen, Konštantín. History of Slovaks in America. Saint Paul, MN: Czechoslovak Genealogical Society International, 2007.
- Stolarik, M. Mark. The Slovak Americans. New York, NY: Chelsea House, 1988.