The presentation outlined below was created using Internet Assistant
for PowerPoint from Microsoft. The complete presentation consists
of 16 slides.
To start the slide show, click on the first slide below What are the Costs of Diabetes Mellitus?.
Beneath each slide are buttons that allow you to move to the next
slide, return to the previous slide, or return to the beginning
of the presentation. A "text only" button is also provided
for web browsers that cannot view graphics.
would like additional
information or have questions concerning this presentation, contact
Thomas Songer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What are the Costs of Diabetes Mellitus?
2. Why Consider Economic Research Related to Diabetes and it's Treatment
3. The Costs of Diabetes
4. Direct Costs of Diabetes
5. Direct Costs of Diabetes in the USA
6. Indirect Costs of Diabetes
7. Distribution of Indirect Costs
8. Opportunity Costs for Persons with Diabetes
9. Patient Concerns in IDDM
10. Percent of Income Spent on Health Care by Families with IDDM Children
11. Costs of using diabetes resources unwisely
12. Costs and Effects of an Intervention
13. Economic Evaluation of Diabetes-Related Issues in the Literature
14. Costs of too few or too many diabetes resources
15. Availability of Insulin & Syringes in the World
Return to Diabetes Health Economics Study Group homepage