Prasanta Kumar Saha, M.Sc(Stat), CStat (UK), ISS,
Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society, London (UK),
Visiting Fellow, EWC (USA).
Chartered Statistician, UK.
Flat No. 15/ 302, EAST END APARTMENT, MAYUR VIHAR PHASE-I ( Extension), Delhi-110096, India.
Ph. No. 91-11-22716998, Mobile : 91-11-9818473935, 91-11-9810848580
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Former Chief Director, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India and Additional Director General (in the rank of Addl. Secretary), Ministry of Statistics, Govt. of India.
Areas of Experience & Achievements:
Needs Assessment for Primary Health Care & Reproductive & Child Health[RCH] Care, Initiatives for Community Mobilization & Community Participation in RCH Program; Country-wide Computerized Monitoring System on Health Sector at Micro-Levels; Pioneering District Level Surveys on Health Sector; Pioneering Facility Assessment Survey in Health Centers at Micro-Levels; Pioneering Creation of Micro-Level Information Matrix in Health Sector; Statistical Evaluation & Monitoring. ‘Excellent’ appreciation offered by the World Bank in respect of implementing very important Project on RCH Program.
Areas of Expertise:
Reproductive & Child Health(RCH); Population Stabilization/Demography; Large Scale Sample Surveys; Price Mechanism; International Comparison Program(ICP) for National Income; Computerized MIS; Monitoring & Statistical Evaluation of Program Implementation. Management of Information Systems & Databases in Health & Other Sectors.
Publications / Presentation of Papers in International Forum:
Paper to be published shortly in Sept., 03: “The Status of Family Welfare Services in Tribal Districts: Highlights of Evaluation Process” to be published in the ‘Indian Journal of Community Medicine’ – an official publication of Indian Association of Preventive & Social Medicine.
1. “Does Community Access Affect the Use of Health and Family Welfare Services in Rural India?”- a study report prepared in East-West Center, Hawaii, USA in 1999 and published by Intl. Institute for Population Sciences, Mumbai, India in May, 2001.This study is on application of statistical models.
2. A country paper on role of Civil societies in Health Program of India was presented in a seminar on 'Up-scaling on Reproductive Health Innovations: Enhancing the Role of Civil Society' held on 29.06.98 to 02.07.98 and organized by ICOMP, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
3. “Changing perceptions on Family Planning: Strengthening MCH Care”- a paper published in 'The Tribune' which is an important Daily in India on 10.10.97
4. “A comprehensive country paper on Price Indices in India”-- presented in the Workshop on Purchasing Power Parities under ICP in ESCAP, Bangkok in Nov., 1995.
5. “Statement on Statistical Activities in India”-- A Country paper presented in the 9th Session of ESCAP Committee on Statistics, Bangkok, from 28 Nov-2 Dec. 1994.
6. “Collection of Retail Prices” - A country paper presented in an "Asia-Pacific Seminar on the use of Purchasing Power Parities (PPP) under ICP organized by ESCAP at the instance of World Bank at Niigata, Japan, Nov,1990 .
7. 'Monthly Publication of Selected Industries'. This is a monthly publication containing production data on items included in the 'Basket of Index of Industrial Production’.
8. "India's Foreign Trade"—a paper mainly on Statistical Forecasting of Exports which was published in the Foreign Trade Review of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi, 1984.
9. State-wise Status Reports – showing discrepancies on area enumeration and yield estimation of crop under the Scheme of Improvement of Crop Statistics in India.
10. Year Book – Family Welfare Program in India, 1996-97,1997-98 & 98-99 - An annual publication on population, demographic indicators, information on family welfare etc which had been prepared and published directly under my supervision.
11. "Prospective Analysis of Establishment Data"- published in the Indian Labor Journal of Labor Bureau, India in 1980. The paper shows building up Statistical Modelling among industrial parameters utilizing data on Establishments collected through Population Census.
Honors and Current Memberships of Professional Societies:
1. Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society (RSS), London ,UK since 1983.
2. Recipient of ‘Chartered Statistician’ since 1993– a very prestigious Professional qualification conferred by the Royal Statistical Society ( RSS ), London ,UK.
3. A Visiting Fellow in Population and Health Studies in 1999 at the East West Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA on Statistical Modelling on utilization of primary health care.
4. Member on the Advisory Panel of Union Public Service Commission, India.
5. Life Member of the Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India.
6. Life Member of the Indian Science Congress Association, Calcutta, India.