Finally for prevention, the conceptual model is applied to overexposure to sunlight:
* Use the influence of the media for mass education about the dangers of sun exposure.
* Provide education programs to schools about the hazards of overexposure to the sun.
* Target high risk groups that engage in outdoor occupations or recreational activities.
* Focus educational activities on health professionals.
* Integrate educational messages with other elements of a healthy lifestyle such as
* Regulate agents such as the chlorofluorocarbons that deplete the ozone layer.
* Regulate tanning parlors (solariums).
* Introduce regulations that require employers to provide protection for workers whose
jobs place them at risk.
* Develop standards for protective devices such as sunscreens and sun filters.
* Encourage collaboration between disciplines and government ministries.
* Encourage governments and NGOs to collaborate on domestic and interministerial fronts.