The same model can be adapted to control of alcohol as a risk factor for cancer:
* Promote peer-to-peer programs for adolescents.
* Use the influence of the media for mass education.
* Educate health care professionals.
* Integrate the message with other elements of a healthy lifestyle such as diet and
* Integrate with other related messages such as the prevention of traffic accidents and
* Increase taxes on alcohol.
* Reduce the production of alcohol by changing support to agriculture.
* Put warning labels on alcoholic products.
* Regulate the distilling industry.
* Use legislation to prohibit alcohol consumption at work and by drivers.
* Encourage collaboration among disciplines and government ministries.
* Encourage government, addiction foundations and NGOs to collaborate on both the domestic
and international fronts.
Click the hyperlink on the slide for details.