Using our same conceptual model again adapted for diet:
* Target school children from the age of 10 years.
* Use the influence of the media for mass education of adults.
* Use a consistent message that also covers heart disease.
* Integrate with other elements of a healthy life style such as exercise.
* Encourage the reduced consumption of fat and increased consumption of fruits and
vegetables by changing agricultural support.
* Regulate food preservation and preparation.
* Labels on food should carry details of nutritional content.
* Encourage collaboration among disciplines and governmental ministries.
* Encourage government, the agricultural industry and NGOs to collaborate on both the
domestic and international fronts.
Click the hyperlink on the slide for details.