I am a 4th year PhD student at School of Information Sciences , University of Pittsburgh . My advisor is Dr. Daqing He. I also collaborated with Dr. Peter Brusilovsky and Dr. Rosta Farzan in the same school. I am working on projects related to information retrieval algorithms and interfaces to support difficult search tasks (e.g. exploratory people search, collaborative web search). Recently, I am exploring the search algorithms in mobile environments; particularly, I am interested in using mobile touch interactions to improve the search performance.
- Investigating and supporting exploratory people search tasks in multiple task settings.
- Investigating and supporting difficult search tasks (such as cross-device search tasks, people search tasks) in mobile environments.
- Using mobile rich interactions to improve content-based information retrieval and recommendations.
- Information seeking behaviours, especially in collaborative information seeking and social search environments.
- Incorporating heterogeneous information resources in graphical models.