I am a 2nd year PhD student at School of Information Sciences, University of Pittsburgh.
I received both my Master degree and Bachelor degree from Wuhan University. My research interests involve Information Retrieval (especailly for the Expert Retrieval), Topic Modeling,
and Interactive Information Retrieval. A PDF version of CV can be downloaded here.
- Shuguang Han, Daqing He, Jiepu Jiang. PeopleExplorer: An Interactive Integrated System for Exploratory People Search Tasks. Submitted to SIGIR 2013. [Examples]
- Shuguang Han, Daqing He, Zhen Yue, Jiepu Jiang. Joint Author Topic Models for Document Contents and Coauthor Networks. Submitted. [PDF]
- Shuguang Han, Wei Lu, Xiaojuan Zhang. Power Law Exponent Estimation: Principle, Comparison and Improvement. Submitted. [PDF]
- Shuguang Han, Daqing He, Peter Brusilovsky, Zhen Yue. Coauthor Prediction for Junior Researchers. SBP 2013: Social Computing, Behavioral-Cultural Modeling and Prediction. [PDF]
- Qikai Cheng, Xiaoguang Wang, Wei Lu and Shuguang Han. NEViewer: A Visualization Toolkit for Analyzing the Evolution of Research Topics. The 14th International Society of Scientometrics and Informetrics Conference, [sample evolution viz]
- Shuguang Han, Daqing He, Zhen Yue, Jiepu Jiang. Automatic Identifying Search Tactic in Individual Information Seeking: A Hidden Markov Model approach. iConference 2013, Poster Session [PDF] [arxiv.org]
- Shuguang Han, Daqing He, Zhen Yue, Jiepu Jiang and Wei Jeng. IRIS-IPS: An Interactive People Search System for HCIR Challenge. 2012 Human-Computer Information Retrieval Symposium (HCIR Challenge 2012), Boston, IBM Research. [PDF]
- Zhen Yue, Shuguang Han, Daqing He, and Jiepu Jiang. A Comparison of Action Transitions in Individual and Collaborative Exploratory Web Search. The Eighth Asia Information Retrieval Societies Conference, AIRS 2012 (acceptance rate = 27.3%) [PDF]
- Zhen Yue, Jiepu Jiang, Shuguang Han and Daqing He. Where do the Query Terms Come from? An Analysis of Query Reformulation in Collaborative Web Search (Poster), CIKM 2012
- Jiepu Jiang, Daqing He, Shuguang Han, and Zhen Yue. Evaluating Interactive Search Performance of Queries Using Ad Hoc Search Datasets by User Simulation (Poster), CIKM 2012 [PDF]
- Jiepu Jiang, Zhen Yue, Shuguang Han, and Daqing He. Finding readings for scientists from social websites (Poster). Proceedings of the 35th international ACM SIGIR conference on Research and development in information retrieval (SIGIR 2012) [PDF]
- Zhen Yue, Shuguang Han, Daqing He. An Investigation on Search Processes in Collaborative Exploratory Web Search (Poster). 75th anniversary of ASIS&T (ASIST 2012)
- Lu, Wei, Han, Shuguang & Zhang, Xiaojuan. Web Citations Inaccessibility and its Solutions. Journal of Library Science in China, 2010(2):119-129
- Jiepu Jiang, Shuguang Han, Jia Wu. PITT at TREC 2011 Session Track. TREC Session Track 2011
||IRIS-IPS: An Interactive People Search System
Expert finding, collaborator discovery and reviewer finding all can be called people discovery tasks.
They are important because effective handling them requires better fusion of heterogeneous information
resources. However the diverse task objectives and exploratory natures make it very difficult to develop
one algorithm that can maximize multiple objective functions. The novel research goal of this project is
to develop extensible heterogeneous data fusion methods, and design and evaluate interactive people
discovery system to express the exploratory nature of the people discovery tasks and allow users to
specify their task objectives through selecting and adjusting key criteria. This project represents the
first attempt to add transparency and controllability to the discovery process. We are now considering
other tasks such as conference mentor assignment, thesis community member assignment, reviewer suggestion.
Link: http://crystal.exp.sis.pitt.edu:8080/acm/ (ACM Data)
Demo: http://crystal.exp.sis.pitt.edu:8080/ips/HCIR.avi (Mendeley data)
||Interactive Visualization and Modeling of Latent Communities
In this project, I build a Community Mining & Visualization toolkit.
It has two different algorithms. The first one is a standard community detection algorithm:
the modularity maximization. But I also developed another community detection algorithm that
can show multiple communities belonging.
A working system: http://scythian.exp.sis.pitt.edu/favnet/index.php
||CollabSearch: Collaborative Information Seeking System
A Collaborative Search System, which can log user behaviors. Behavior such as
chat, comment etc. can be recorded by providing certain functions. Behavior such as web search and query
modification can also be recorded.
Last Updated: Oct. 2012