I am now starting my 3rd year of PhD at School of Information Sciences, University of Pittsburgh . My advisor is Dr. Daqing He. I also collaborate with Dr. Peter Brusilovsky and Dr. Rosta Farzan in iSchool. My research interests involve Information Retrieval (especially for Entity Search, e.g. People Search), Interactive Information Retrieval System, and Data Mining.
Before that, I received both my Master degree and Bachelor degree from School of Information Management, Wuhan University . I was also worked at Baidu for six months between June 2009 and December 2009.
- Investigating and supporting exploratory people search tasks in multiple task settings.
- Investigating and supporting difficult search tasks (such as cross-device search tasks, people search tasks) in mobile environments.
- Using mobile rich interactions to improve content-based information retrieval and recommendations.
- Information seeking behaviours, especially in collaborative information seeking and social search environments.
- Incorporating heterogeneous information resources in graphical models.