I am a 3rd year PhD student at School of Information Sciences , University of Pittsburgh . My advisor is Dr. Daqing He. I also collaborate with Dr. Peter Brusilovsky and Dr. Rosta Farzan in iSchool. I am consistently working on several projects about information retrieval algorithms and interfaces to support difficult search tasks (e.g. exploratory people search, collaborative search). Recently, I am exploring the search and recommendation algorithms in mobile environments; particularly, I am interested in using mobile touch interactions from user self or other users (social navigation) to improve the search performance
- Investigating and supporting exploratory people search tasks in multiple task settings.
- Investigating and supporting difficult search tasks (such as cross-device search tasks, people search tasks) in mobile environments.
- Using mobile rich interactions to improve content-based information retrieval and recommendations.
- Information seeking behaviours, especially in collaborative information seeking and social search environments.
- Incorporating heterogeneous information resources in graphical models.