COMMENTARIES ON RESCHER'S PHILOSOPHICAL WORK
* "The work of Nicholas Rescher affords a striking illustration of the encyclopedic mission of philosophy, and of the challenging dialogue that should ever be maintained among different philosophical traditions."
From the Helmholtz Medal laudation
* "The comprehensive scope of Rescher's work is unique in contemporary philosophy."
Philosophie der Gegenwart
* "Rescher's development of his pragmatic idealism is characterized by an unusually wide range of sympathy and information."
The Oxford Companion to Philosophy
* "From Rescher's intellectual power and restless curiosity has come a system of philosophy unsurpassed in our century."
The Dictionary of Twentieth Century Philosophy
* "With respect to his enormous output and the wide range of his achievements, Rescher has few rivals in the history of philosophy. His philosophical system is a monument of twentieth century philosophy."
John K. Roth (ed.)
Philosophers and Their Works
* "Rescher has contributed to virtually every area of nonstandard logic and philosophical logic."
The International Directory of Logicians