Grievance Procedures Against Senior Administrators

A student complaint of arbitrary or unfair treatment against the principal officer of an academic unit (e.g., the dean), should be made to the Provost or appropriate Senior Vice Chancellor. There must be a prompt review and decision on the grievance. Members of the faculty who may be called upon to review and advise on the grievance should be drawn from outside the jurisdiction of the administrator against whom the charge is made.

Back to Academic Integrity Guidelines

Back to the Office of the Provost