23 February 2007 LMPS 2007
Beijing, China, August 9 - 15, 2007
13TH INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF LOGIC, METHODOLOGY AND PHILOSOPHY OF SCIENCE
is held for the first time in Asia. It is organized by the International Union for History and Philosophy of Science, Division of Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science (IUHPS/DLMPS), and Tsinghua University, Beijing. The congress features plenary speakers, invited speakers in 16 sections, a number of special symposia, and
contributed papers in each section. The sections are:
A1 Mathematical logic
A2 Philosophical and applied logic
A3 Logic and computation
B GENERAL PHILOSOPHY OF SCIENCE
B1 General problems of methodology and scientific reasoning
B2 Formal approaches to methodology
B3 Historical and sociological aspects in the philosophy of science
C PHILOSOPHICAL ISSUES OF PARTICULAR SCIENCES
C1 Philosophy of mathematics and logic
C2 Philosophy of physics
C3 Philosophy of biology
C4 Philosophy of cognitive science, psychology and linguistics
C5 Philosophy of economics, theories of rationality, decision theory, game theory
C6 Philosophy of social sciences
C7 Philosophy of medicine
D SCIENCE AND SOCIETY
D1 Ethical issues in scientific practice and technology
D3 Science and education
- Register on-line now; the (regular) fee should be paid by May 15, 2007.
- The full participation fee is US $ 250, and $ 125 for students and accompanying persons.
- A limited number of grants are available.
- The abstracts review process will start on March 1 and will end around April 10. Contributors are urged to submit their abstracts (1 page) as early as possible, preferably by March 1 in order to receive early notification of acceptance/rejection, but in no case later than March 20.
- Invited papers will be published in proceedings. Proceedings from the previous LMPS Congress are in P. Hajek, L. Valdes-Villanueva, D. Westerstahl (eds.), Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science (London: King's College Publications, 2005), available in internet bookstores, e.g. Amazon (paperback, $ 30).