Research & Grants
Open Positions & News
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Pittsburgh (Sept. 2006 - present).
- Assistant Project Scientist, Department of Structural Engineering, UCSD (Aug. 2005 – Aug 2006).
- Postdoctoral Scholar, Department of Structural Engineering, UCSD (May 2004 – July 2005).
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Structural Engineering, UCSD: taught Solid Mechanics I, Solid Mechanics II (2002 – 2003).
- Assistant Development Engineer, Department of Structural Engineering, UCSD (Apr. 2000 – Dec. 2000).
- Technical Army Officer (rank under-lieutenant), Italian Army Corps of Engineering, technical office of the Aviation Army base located in Bologna, Italy (Jan. 1999 – Mar. 2000).
- Special Session Organizer – 5th European Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring, June 29 – July 2 2010, Sorrento, Italy.
- Panelist - Carnegie Mellon's Center for Sensed Critical Infrastructure Research Hosts Pre-G-20 Panel on Smart Technologies for Buildings, Transportation Systems, Carnegie Mellon Univ., Pittsburgh, September 9th, 2009: http://www.cmu.edu/news/archive/2009/September/sept4_infrastructurepanel.shtml
- Chair – SPIE Smart Structures and Material& NDE and Health Monitoring 14th, San Diego, CA, March 2007 (Session 28 – Conference 6529)
- Co-chair - NDE for Health Monitoring and Diagnostics Conferences of SPIE's 10th, 11th Int'l Symposium, San Diego, CA, March 2005, February 2006
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Advances in Civil Engineering
- ASNT: NDT Handbook on Ultrasonics;
- ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering;
- ASCE Journal of Composites for Construction,
- ASCE Journal of Materials for Civil Engineering;
- Construction and Building Materials;
- Experimental Mechanics;
- IEEE TUFFC;
- IET Circuits, Devices & Systems
- Journal of the Acoustical Society of America;
- Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures;
- Journal of Nondestructive Evaluation;
- Journal of Sound and Vibration;
- Journal of Structural Control and Health Monitoring;
- Measurement Science and Technology;
- NDT&E International;
- Research in Nondestructive Evaluation;
- Smart Materials and Structures;
- Smart Structures and Systems; Ultrasonics;
- Structural Engineering and Mechanics;
- Structural Health Monitoring, an International Journal.