The Deadline field contains deadline information as it is made available to COS. When a series of deadline dates for the processing of an application is provided, all mandatory deadlines are included in this field as well as any optional deadlines. Please note that deadline dates are subject to change. The sponsor contact (see Contact Information) can confirm deadline dates.
Connect to Pivot’s Advanced Search Screen http://pivot.cos.com/funding/search
To search the Deadline field:
Click on Deadline
You can use the “deadline within” option to search for opps that have deadlines within
- 7 days from today
- 30 days
- 90 days
- You can choose the “select from calendar” radio button to search for a specific date or date range:
- Use one or both of the "on-or-after," "on-or-before," or "on" menus, and the Month, Day, and Year pick lists provided in the search interface to signify the desired time frame.
- Fill in as much information as possible for the most accurate results.
- A year must be chosen (in the date lines used) or the deadline criteria will be ignored.
- If the month is left empty, the system will default to January 1st and ignore any day chosen.
- If the day field is left empty, the system will default to the first day of the month chosen.
- Example: If "2013" is chosen as a year and the month and day fields are left blank, the system will search for the deadline date of 1 January 2013 (20130101).
Optional deadlines are any part of a submission that is not required to effectively submit a proposal. Common examples of optional deadlines are letters of intent and draft deadlines. Optional Deadlines are included in any deadline searching by default. Click in the box to de-select this option.
Continuous or Undefined Deadlines:
This refers to grants that either do not provide deadline information or that indicate an open or continuous deadline. There is a check box for this option that is not selected by default when a deadline date is searched. Click in the box to select this option.
Additional information available on search fields including deadlines at
Note: Pivot allows you to save your search queries. When a search query is saved, Pivot will automatically provide a weekly funding alert that identifies any newly added or updated opps that match your query. There is no need to continually enter and run the same search over and over. http://pivot.cos.com/guides/Saved_Searches.pdf