Senate ad hoc Committee for the Support and Advancement of Women at Pitt
Women at Pitt
The History of Women at Pitt website offers the different
interests and activities of women at the University of Pittsburgh in
the last 100 years.
PACWC (Provost’s Advisory Committee on Women’s Concerns)
○ PACWC list of University Actions that improved the climate
for women in 2002-2003.
○The PACWC Recruitment Report examines the question
"What are the impediments to recruiting and retaining women
and people of color as faculty members at the University of Pittsburgh,
and what recommendations can we make to the Provost to alleviate the situation?"
|• Provost’s Memo on Diversity|
The University of Pittsburgh
Faculty Handbook includes policies on
faculty grievances, and
medical and family leave.
• Instituted in 1996, the
Faculty Medical and Family Leave Policy is utilized more by the
women faculty members as stated in
○ FMFL Policy FAQ
• University Policy on Sexual Harassment
• University Policy on Faculty-Student Relationships
• Pitt's Non-Discrimination Policy
Fact Book 2003 by the Office of Institutional Research at the
University of Pittsburgh.
Association of Women in Public Health
• Graduate and Professional Student Association (GPSA)
• Rainbow Alliance
• Society of Women Engineers (email@example.com)
• University of Pittsburgh Post-Doctoral Association
• Young Women in Science Days. Contact Mary Beth Bawden, Program Coordinator (412) 648-8290 firstname.lastname@example.org
last updated 04/11/2007
Webmaster: Elisabeth Reynolds