I graduated from Joint CMU-Pitt Ph.D. Program in Computational Biology (CPCB) at
the Department of Computational & Systems Biology in
University of Pittsburgh. I worked with Drs. Tim Lezon and Lans Taylor.
- Mathematical, statistical and mechanistic, modeling of signaling cascades
- Systems biology of cancer cells
- Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (QSP)
- Erdem, C, Nagle AM, Casa AJ, Litzenburger B, Wang Y, Taylor DL, Lee AV, Lezon TR. Proteomic Screening and Lasso Regression Reveal Differential Signaling in Insulin and Insulin-like Growth Factor I (IGF1) Pathways. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics. 15 (9), 3045-3057. [Published ahead of print on June 30]
- Erdem C, Bozkurt Y, Erman B, Gul A, Demir A. Mathematical Modeling of Behcet's Disease: A dynamical systems approach. Journal of Biological Systems. 23 (02), 231-57.
- "Insulin receptor substrate (IRS) dictates differential responses to insulin and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF1) stimulation". 18th International Conference on Systems Biology 2017, Blacksburg, VA, USA.
- "Specific interactions of the adaptor proteins dictate differential responses downstream of IGF1R and InsR". The Eleventh q-bio Conference 2017, New Brunswick, NJ, USA.
- "Unraveling novel differential responses to insulin and insulin-like growth factor I in breast cancer by computational modeling". ASCB Annual Meeting 2015, San Diego, CA, USA.
- "Unraveling novel differential responses to insulin and insulin-like growth factor I in breast cancer by computational modeling". University of Pittsburgh BGSA Symposium 2015, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- "Characterization of differences in IGF1 and insulin induced proteomic signaling cascades". The Ninth q-bio Conference 2015, Blacksburg, VA, USA.
- "Mathematical Modeling of Behcet's Disease". RECOMB 2012, Barcelona, Spain.
- Poster: "IGF1 and insulin repress MAPK signaling in Her2-Amplified Breast Cancer Cell Lines". Nagle AM et al. ENDO 2015, San Diego, CA, USA.
- Poster: "Mathematical Modeling of Behcet's Disease: A Dynamical Systems Approach". 16th International Conference on Behcet's Disease, Paris, France.
Education2012-present: Ph.D. in Computational Biology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
PhD thesis: "Employing QSP to characterize differences in IGF1 and insulin signaling pathways in breast cancer"
Advisors: Dr. D. Lansing Taylor & Dr. Timothy R. Lezon
2010-2012: M.Sc. in Chemical and Biological Engineering, Koc University, Istanbul, Turkey
Masters thesis: "Mathematical Modeling of Behcet's Disease"
Advisors: Dr. Burak Erman & Dr. Alper Demir
2006-2010: B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
Undergraduate thesis: "Kinetics modeling of the effect of medium pH on recombinant EPO production by Pichia pastoris"
Advisor: Dr. Pınar Calık
- Fall 2013: Teaching Assistant for Computational Structural Biology, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Spring 2012: Teaching Assistant for Undergraduate Thermodynamics, Koc University, Turkey
- Fall 2011: Teaching Assistant for Advanced Thermodynamics & Thermostatistics, Koc University, Turkey
- Spring 2011: Teaching Assistant for Undergraduate Thermodynamics, Koc University, Turkey
Last updated: May 18, 2018