1. What is a twin prime?
2. In Chapter Four, what are we told the professor hates "most in the world"?
3. In Chapter Four, what happens to Root that causes the professor great distress?
4. In Chapter Five, what does the housekeeper find in a tin box in the professor's study? What else does she find?
5. Where do Root and the housekeeper take the professor in Chapter Five?
6. Upon returning from this event, what problem does the professor develop?
7. In Chapter Six, why does the housekeeper get fired from her job?
8. In Chapter Seven, what causes the housekeeper to be sent back to the professor's house?
9. In Chapter Seven, what is the name of the formula that intrigues the housekeeper?
10. What does the professor like to watch the housekeeper do?
11. In Chapter Eight, what number do the housekeeper and the professor discuss?
12. From what does the professor suffer in Chapter Nine?
13. In Chapter Nine, what is the planned party designed to celebrate?
14. What does the housekeeper find in the tin box beneath the baseball cards?
15. What task does the professor do to prepare for the party?
16. What accident does the professor have while the housekeeper and Root go get the candles?
17. What gift does the professor give Root?