"Great Expectations," PART THREE: Chapters 40-59
Please respond to the following.
- In Chapter Forty-Two, what do we learn about the relationship between Magwitch and Compeyson?
- In Chapter Forty-Two, what do we learn about the relationship between Compeyson and Miss Havisham?
- Whom does Pip meet and speak to in Chapter Forty-Three?
- What distressing news does Pip receive at Miss Havisham's in Chapter Forty-Four?
- What startling information does Pip receive at the end of Chapter Forty-Four?
- Summarize in one or two sentences what Pip learns from Mr. Wemmick in Chapter Forty-Five?
- In Chapter Forty-Seven, what disturbing thing does Pip learn from Mr. Wopsle?
- In Chapter Forty-Eight, what discovery does Pip think he makes about Mr. Jaggers' housekeeper?
- In Chapter Forty-Nine, what does Miss Havisham agree to do for Pip?
- What happens to Miss havisham near the end of Chapter Forty-Nine?
- What remarkable discovery does Pip make in Chapter Fifty?
- In one or two sentences, explain the essence of the first message Pip receives at the beginning of Chapter Fifty-Two.
- In Chapter Fifty-Three, what danger does Pip find himself in?
- How is Pip rescued from this danger?
- In one sentence, explain what happens in Chapter Fifty-Four?
- What does Mr. Wemmick do in Chapter Fifty-Five?
- Who dies at the end of Chapter Fifty-Six?
- Who pays Pip's debts in Chapter Fifty-Seven?
- How much time elapses between Chapters Fifty-Eight and Fifty-Nine?
- In Chapter Thirty-Eight, what does Miss Havisham scold Estella about?
- At the end of Chapter Thirty-Eight, what does Pip scold Estella about?
- What remarkable discovery does Pip make in chapter Thirty-Nine?
- How does Pip feel about this discovery?