"Great Expectations," PART TWO: Chapters 20-39
Please respond to the following.
- What is Herbert Pocket's nickname for Pip?
- Identify two things Pip learns about Miss Havisham from Herbert Pocket in Chapter Twenty-One.
- At whose residence does the action in Chapter Twenty-Three occur?
- In Chapter Twenty-Four, we learn that Mr. Wemmick's "guiding star" (or motto to live by) is "get hold of ____________________?
- Where does Pip go in Chapter Twenty-Five?
- What is one curious thing he finds there?
- In Chapter Twenty-Six, which dinner guest does Jaggers take a liking to?
- What feature of the housekeeper does Jaggers show off?
- Who visits Pip in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
- What is the main message this person delivers?
- In Chapter Twenty-Nine, what does Estella warn Pip about herself?
- What does Miss Havisham instruct Pip to do with regard to Estella?
- What does Herbert Pocket confess to Pip near the end of Chapter Thirty?
- What play do Herbert and Pip go see in Chapter Thirty-One?
- Where do Pip and Wemmick visit in Chapter Thirty-Two?
- What does Pip learn at the end of Chapter Thirty-Four?
- What does Mr. Jaggers give Pip for his birthday in Chapter Thirty-Six?
- What new financial arrangement does Jaggers reveal to Pip in Chapter Thirty-Six?
- What does Pip ask Wemmick in Chapter Thirty-Seven?
- In Chapter Thirty-Eight, what does Miss Havisham scold Estella about?
- At the end of Chapter Thirty-Eight, what does Pip scold Estella about?
- What remarkable discovery does Pip make in chapter Thirty-Nine?
- How does Pip feel about this discovery?