Recent graduate student achievements and publications
- Roger Crum (PhD1991) published Renaissance Florence: A Social History. NY: Cambridge University Press, 2006. He co-edited (with Claudia Lazzaro) Donatello among the Blackshirts: History and Modernity in the Visual Culture of Fascist Italy (Cornell, 2005).
- Betsy Kennedy (MA 1991) of the Terra Foundation is co-curating an exhibition at the Louvre, "American Artists and the Louvre." June 14 to Sept 18, which was given advance notice in the New York Times 2/24/2006.
- Carol Solomon Kiefer (PhD ) co-editedthe catalog The Empress Josephine: Art and Royal Identity (Amherst: Mead Art Museum, 2005).
- Anne Knutson (PhD 1997) has co-authored Andrew Wyeth: Memory & Magic (New York: Rizzoli, 2005), an exhibition catalog for a show at High Museum of Art, Atlanta and Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- Therese Martin (PhD 2000) published an essay in Speculum (October 2005), "Art of a Reigning Queen as Dynastic Propaganda in Twelfth- Century Spain," which has been honored by Feminae: Medieval Women and Gender Index as their November article of the month.
- Holly Paradis has published an article "Le Suicidé:" Édouard Manet’s Modern Crucifixion" in PsyArt: an online journal for the psychological study of the arts.
- Wang Ying and Sun Yan (both PhD 2001) published Reinventing Tradition in a New World: The Arts of Gu Wenda, Wang Mansheng, Xu Bing, and Zhang Hongtu (Penn State, 2005).
- Rina Youngner (PhD 1991) published Industry In Art: Pittsburgh, 1812 To 1920 (University of Pittsburgh Press, 2006)