- PhD in
Cognitive Psychology , Dept. of
Psychology , University of Pittsburgh
, August 2002.
- MSc in Intelligent Systems ,
Brunel University, London, UK, August, 1994 .
- BS in Psychology, Faculty of Psychology , The University of Indonesia
, July, 1989.
- Ambadar, Z., Cohn, J.F., and Reed, L.I. (2007). All Smiles are Not Created
Equal: Morphology and Timing of Amused, Polite, and Embarrassed Smiles as
Perceived by Observers. Manuscript Submitted for Publication.
For examples of smiles perceived as conveying different meanings click the
following links: Amused
- Cohn, J. F., Ambadar, Z., & Ekman, P. (2007). Observer-based measurement
of facial expression with the Facial Action Coding System. To appear in J.A.
Coan & J.B. Allen (Eds.), The handbook of emotion elicitation and assessment.
(pp. 222-238). Oxford University Press Series in Affective Science. New York:
Oxford University Press.
- Geraerts, E., Schooler, J., Merckelbach, H., Jelicic, M., Hauer, B. J. A.,
& Ambadar, Z. (2006). Discriminating fact from fiction in recovered memories
of childhood sexual abuse. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Messinger, D.S., Cassel, T.D., Acosta, S.I., Ambadar, Z., and Cohn, J.F.
(2006). Computer-vision based measurement of early smiling and perceived positive
emotion. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Slifer, K.J., Pulbrook, V., Amari, A., Vona-Messersmith, N., Cohn, J.F.,
Ambadar, Z., Beck, M., & Pisczcor, R. (2006). Social acceptance and facial
behavior in children with oral clefts. The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal.,
- Schmidt, K.L., Ambadar, Z., Cohn, J.F., & Reed, L.I. (2006). Movement
differences between deliberate and spontaneous facial expressions: Zygomaticus
Major action in smiling. Journal of Nonverbal Behavior, 3(1), 37-52.
- Ambadar, Z., Schooler, J. W., & Cohn, J. F. (2005). Deciphering the
enigmatic face: The importance of facial dynamics in interpreting subtle facial
expressions. Psychological Science,16(5), 403-410.
- Breugelmans, S., Poortinga, Y.H., Ambadar, Z., Setiadi, B., Vaca, J.B.,
Widiyanto, P., & Phillipot, P. (2005). Body sensations associated with
emotions in Rarámuri Indians, Rural Javanese, and three student samples.
Emotion. 5(2), 166-174.
- Cohn, J. F, Reed, L. I., Ambadar, Z., Xiao, J., & Moriyama, T. (2004).
Automatic analysis and recognition of facial action units and out-of-plane
head motion in spontaneous behavior. Manuscript in preparation.
- Cohn, J. F., Xiao, J., Moriyama, T., Ambadar, Z., & Kanade, T. (2003).
Automatic recognition of eye blinking in spontaneously occurring behavior.
Behavior Research Methods, Instruments, and Computers, 35, 420-428.
- Shooler, J., Bendiksen, M., and Ambadar, Z. (1997). Taking The Middle Line:
Can We Accomodate Both Fabricated and Recovered Memories of Sexual Abuse?
In M.A. Conway (Ed). False and Recovered Memories. pp xxx-xxx
- Ambadar, Z. and Schooler, J.W. (1995). Can language Read a Face: The Effect
of Verbal Overshadowing on Perception of Facial Expression. Paper presented
at the XIII Annual Pitt-CMU Graduate Student Conference , Pittsburgh.
- Ambadar, Z. (1994) Lateral Asymmetry in Perception of Facial Expression.
Master's Thesis at the Brunel University, London, UK.
- Ambadar, Z. (1993). Moral Feeling, Moral Evaluation and Moral Action Tendency
of the Students of the University of Indonesia. Publication of The Institute
of Research, The University of Indonesia , October.
- Ambadar, Z. (1992). Decision Making under Professional Ethical Dilemmas
of the Students of Psychology and Psychologists from Three State Universities.
Publication of The Institute of Research, The University of Indonesia,
- Ambadar, Z. (1989). Decision Making under Professional Ethical Dilemmas
of the Students of Psychology and Psychologists from The University of Indonesia.
Bachelor Thesis, Faculty of Psychology, University of Indonesia.
Links to other websites
Last Update: April, 22, 2007